Hi I am looking to conduct research for my dissertation covertly observing children in spaces of play e.g. summer camp where I will work, along side other spaces such as parks, bowling alleys etc. I currently have two younger siblings who I will bring with me into these spaces to allow me to gain access without looking suspicious. I am worried about the ethical implications of my research, I hope to observe different behaviors of children noting down my findings in a fieldwork notebook. However, like I said I wish to observe covertly, and hence will not be gaining consent from children or their parents. I will not be using names, ages etc, merely note taking on things that I see in this natural environment. Any advice would be great, thanks.
Have your say
Would you like to participate in our forum? Click below to see the all our topics.
See All Topics
See All Topics
Would you like to add a topic?
Would you like to add a discussion to our forum? Please click on the link below.
Jun 7, 2016
Apr 12, 2016
Nov 26, 2015
Who’s afraid of sex at school? The politics of researching culture, religion and sexuality at school.
Oct 27, 2018
- eric says:This paper is a new addition to the ERIC resource library. It helpfu...
- eric says:A book review of this title has recently been published in the journ...
- eric says:The authors describe in the introduction that "this book is a collec...
- eric says:Just released in June 2016, this is the most recent output in the In...
- eric says:Hi Lucy. Interesting question! In the Getting Started section of the...